Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Something to Get Out of My Head, A.K.A. Mocking "Sharknado"

There's been an endless stream of mockery about the infamous American D-list soon-to-be-an-instant-classic Sharknado. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, then, clearly, you haven't seen the movie's trailer with the tagline of "SHARKS...TORNADO...SHARKNADO. 'NUFF SAID."

Yes, some freak meteorological event causes a horde of sharks to be transported into the swirling death funnel and cause havoc upon the streets with their ruthless, meat-tearing ways. Humans can only defend themselves with guns. And chainsaws.

In the aftermath of mindless drivel such as Twilight, Fifty Shades of Grey, LMFAO, Nicki Minaj, the Kardashians, the Jersey Shore, any form of half-assed, brain-numbing entertainment that attacks our feeble minds under any and every medium, I have to say that I am hardly, and sadly, surprised that such a shitastic movie managed to be produced in the first place.

I guess what I am trying to say is...I'm getting old and really tired of all of this shit. I refuse to let the insufferable term "YOLO" replace carpe diem. Every day, a piece of my soul dies then decays over the thought that children will become so dependent on technology that they won't even be taught to think for themselves. They'll have knowledge at their finger tips, access at a mere click of a button, yet they won't LEARN anything.

But I digress. Sharknado.

I thought to myself, why sharks? These creatures have become so traditional and expected in semi-horror movies that I wondered...what if the animal were replaced by something you wouldn't expect?

Like narwhals.

Think about it: narwhals are whales that have a long tooth growing out of their skull. THEY HAVE A BUILT-IN HARPOON, people. They are unicorn whales, only slightly less magical and charming. How cool is that? I can envision it now: with the mighty force of the tornado, the narwhals are lifted into the sky. Using their harpoon-tooth, they mercilessly spear their victims like they were some sort of human shish kabobs.





And do you know what the tagline of Narwhalnado will be?






Due to an F-list budget of pixelated cartoons , the special effects for Narwhalnado are restricted to copying and pasting in MS Paint.


Okay, who cares if narwhals technically live in the Arctic circle and thus have never even seen a hurricane or tornado? Why should science and nature put a damper on how cool it would look?!

Or perhaps the film could feature Portuguese Man o' Wars. To put it in layman terms, the sting from those badass colony polyp motherfuckers will fuck you up, either by giving you excruciatingly painful red welts, or an allergic reaction or, in rare cases, even attacking the lymph nodes which will eventually result in death.

Then again, Portuguese Man o' Warnado is quite a mouthful to say. So is Australian Sea Waspnado. Those creatures are even worse than the Portuguese Man o' War.

Or, perhaps both creatures can be combined to make a new film: MedusApocalypse.



These jellyfish cling to their victims faces like the face huggers from Alien. Or some poisonous neurotic ex who simply can't accept the breakup has happened.

Fear them. Fear them ALL.

Barb the French Bean

12 comments:

  1. The narwhals are so random that they instantly intellectualize something mindless like a seas animal tornado.

    Sadly, they probably would not have garnered the same viewing audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Katy said. Stupid people don't want unique. They want typical. Which is sad, because I love this idea.

    Also, I think what scares me the most about crap like Sharknado, Jersey Shore, the Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, etc, is that we as a society watch that stuff because we think we're laughing at them. That they're the butt of the joke. But as they earn millions upon millions of dollars and get top rated views on television, who's really laughing last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which means that the role models for today's youth will teach them to have low aspirations, seeing as how just about anybody can become rich and famous based on mediocrity.

      Delete
  3. I would watch the shit out of Narwhalado.

    But then, I watched Sharknado, and Sharktopus too. Not because they had sharks and nados or pusses in them, but because I was drunk and couldn't handle anything with a plot, or a point, and needed a laugh.

    Maybe the reason these movies get made and watched is because everyone is secretly drunk, and you just don't know it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm. Seems plausible. Although that would make for a very convincing preventative campaign to warn others of the dangers of drunkenness: "Don't drink, or else 'Sharknado' happens."

      Delete
  4. You should make the movie! It will be EPIC!

    -Hanny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm getting old based on my recent radio station choices... Can't say I'm proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew, been a while! I stopped popping by because for some reason, an insane virus-filled ad would show up every time WITHOUT FAIL. And my comments would never post. *pout* Looks like I'm safe for now, though.

    And yes, narwhals would have made a ton more sense. Or sea urchins! Or African Killer Bees! Or some sort of microbe that creates zombies. Though the jellyfish work, too. XD

    And...random question, but...do you guys have a tumblr? :D

    I hope this posts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious about the virus-filled ad? I wasn't even aware this was happening! Or even WHY this would happen...

      (Sorry for such a late reply...)

      I don't have a personal Tumblr, but I know that Hanny does...somewhere. :P

      -Barb

      Delete
  7. WOO! IT POSTED!

    Wanted to add--though reality shows have taken over, looks like we'll be getting some more original shows this fall from what I'm seeing! S.H.I.E.L.D...Super Fun Night...OUAT: Wonderland...Maybe reality shows are finally dying? Or are at least in a coma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhhhh!!! Don't declare "victory" yet! We don't seem to be out of the woods with the popularity of reality shows!

      -Barb

      Delete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb