Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Things That Have Made Me Smile in the Past Few Weeks

1) The fact that I'm well into the third week of my new job and I (still) haven't yanked the hairs out of my head.


2) The French refer to Twilight as Toilette (toilet). 

3) Totally awesome co-workers (and one of them isn't too bad-looking, either).

4) Totally awesome (if chatty and, at times, misbehaved) middle school and high school students. 

5) Browsing new textbooks for lesson ideas and developing classes with my personal flare.

6) How head-shaking crazy teaching in France is in terms of administrative procedures.

7) French food. 

8) This needs to be said again: FRENCH FOOD.

9) Stroking staunch branches of lavender and having its fragrance linger on my fingertips.

10) Receiving two packages from Mom that contained books, clothes, Cuban coffee and an American flag...on September 11.

11) Having my very own maple tree.

Seriously. Here it is:



 (It still needs a name. Any suggestions?)

12) Finding out that a dear friend of mine and her husband are expecting their first child. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for an hour.

13) Hearing "We finally installed wi-fi in your building." Oh, HALLELUJAH, heck yes.

14) Horses. Lots and lots of horses.





'Kay. Now I gotta get back to grading papers.

Barb the French Bean

14 comments:

  1. Horses or wi-fi? Which is more exciting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you having wifi is making me smile too :) I'm glad it's all going so well for you. Also yes, the French way of referring to Twilight is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb. #11. Name the tree Wee Leaf. No reason. Just came to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are living the life of Riley! Which would also be my suggestion for your maple's name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the name Bob for your maple tree. Bob. Has a nice ring to it hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's in France, she should call it "Robert" (no pronouncing of the T, and accent on the final syllable) ;o)

      Delete
  6. Toilette- hehe! Glad things are going well with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great things to smile about! :o)

    I love stroking plants of the Labiaceae family: lavender, thyme, rosemary... they always leave a fabulous aroma on my fingers! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not sure why but the name Miss Marple came to mind for the maple tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you should name the tree Eduardo, although I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ^Found a typo.

    Hilarious and awesome post! So happy for you Barbara!

    2) Noo! I love Twilight! but that's still funny.
    10) Full of win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL..Twilight as Toilette :)
    Have a fun day to u ;)

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb