Thursday, August 23, 2012

...And Then There Were Horses

Well, folks, after having traveled for three hours from Miami to Boston, spent four hours waiting to travel on a six-hour flight to Paris and then proceed to wait and take a couple of trains, I finally arrived (safe and sound) in my new base of Sablé-sur-Sarthe, right in the Loire Valley. And let me say this: the air is so clean and pure here that it is as if my olfactory senses were getting a high-five from nature.

Oh, I also mentioned in my previous post that there would be horses.

Lots...



and LOTS...



of horses.

Barb the oh-so-happy-she-might-explode-from-the-joy-or-dissolve-into-a-babbling-mess French Bean

P.S.

This is what my posts look like when I have not slept for 48 hours straight and have swollen feet from extended periods of pressurized sitting down on planes.

9 comments:

  1. I see you took the high road by not making a Sarah Jessica Parker joke. Either that, or you just missed it because of the exhaustion.

    Glad to hear you arrived safely. I'm still envious, not just of your destination, but of that clean air. I'll let you know how black lung treats me here in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, so many horses! How are you able to resist stopping every five minutes to pet them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't even matter if you're tired. Horse pictures are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quick, send me your address before you regain your senses. I'm booking a flight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy for you, how often do we achieve such a worthy goal in ones life. And I love horse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN!!! Moi aussi je veux être dans un endroit vert avec beaucoup de chevaux! Amuses-toi bien!!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoyed your brief stay in Boston. I know how much it can suck since I'm a slave here in Boston.

    Anyway, I hope you are enjoying yourself despite my extreme jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's like I am there with you. Sure, I would love a cup of coffee. Let's sit and talk about lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a frequent visitor in your blogs, this post is very interesting and easy to read .... I hope to visit again

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb