Thursday, March 10, 2011

Adventure Here I Come: Bahamas Fail Edition

Previously in my vacation post, I had mentioned that I was going to the Bahamas. Well with my luck, hence the reason of this post, that trip was canceled.

Yes...CANCELED!

The reason for the cancellation of a very well deserved trip, is due to the fact that my friend had an expired passport, which she was not aware of until the day of my birthday.

Out of all the things that could have happened and yet I get the misfortune of something like this happening. Of course, I kept positive and did my research as to what I could possibly do, but seeing as the tickets were non-refundable and non-transferable gave me little options...

Not only did I end up seeing my ex-boyfriend twice, but on top of everything my getaway from Miami, the evil guy friend who broke my heart, stress, and drama was ruined. All that stressing over the tickets and the best place to go, just so that my friend would tell me that her passport expired.

Since it was non-transferable and non-refundable, I decided it would be best to move the date of the flight three months later, so that my friend can get her passport renewed. Of course, there was a matter of paying extra fees and such, which if you think about it we should have just gone to the key west...

The way I handled my matters, however, did not go well with my mother. See, my mother deals with companies such as priceline and all those airplane travel agencies...So when she heard about my little problem, she gave me a lecture on responsibility.

So I didn't end up in the Bahamas, instead I ended up going to the one place I was avoiding...M.I.A.M.I.

I could have easily stayed in Orlando, but the very thought of staying alone in my ghetto apartment sent chills down my spine. Ghetto= People breaking in, stealing, being idiotic (not the best place to live in).

Before I went to Miami, I did get to spend a whole day with my guys. My guys= the guys I spend most of my time with, the people I am most comfortable with, and the people who actually get my craziness and sense of adventure. I must say my guys really know how to entertain a girl, especially with all the craziness we do. Of course, it was more of a relaxing day than anything. Playing rockband, playing pool, getting tipsy to the point where you start talking about turtles (all me of course), flirting around (I can't help it), eating junk food, and watching horror movies. Four guys and me...yeah you know I LOVE the attention. It was a great night, especially since I was headed to Miami...the next day.

Well I have been stuck in Miami for almost the entire week...I didn't think I would survive this far, but I have to admit I did have somewhat of an adventure.

Eventually, I will explain my Miami trip more in detail, but for now I have to get off this reserved computer...the library is about to close...

Hanny the coffee bean

2 comments:

  1. Ouch, Hanny, I had no idea that had happened. o_O

    -Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. u must be glad u got the goons around goonette

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb