Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Against the Committee

Everyone runs into some sort of trouble in their life time, mine just happened when I did not expect it.


If you have been reading my past posts then you should know what the ordeal is all about, and if you have not then let me just say it has to do with my future. Nothing more.
(And for those who are still clueless lets just say it has to do with my university. I will not go much into detail as it is too embarrassing).

I was surrounded by about 20 people in a room, they all sat in a circle while I had to sit towards the middle.


*gag*

It was happening again, my nerves were getting the best of me, I could not stop shaking. It was as if I was in court, except it was a bit more informal. As I was quietly sitting in my seat, I saw the committee looking at me and I felt like an insignificant ant. A tiny little ant that was trembling in her seat waiting for the big anteaters to devour her whole.


What was a girl to do in such a situation?

I did what I had to do and answered all of their questions, but was this really going to end the horrible situation I was in?

No. It was not, but it was worth a try. At least I was proving that I do not give up easily, and that I would fight 'til the end to get my life back.

I wanted it to be over, I did not want to be there anymore amongst people that were constantly judging me on what I was to say. I tried to cheer myself up, and in order to not make myself feel anymore nervous, I decided to imagine everyone in their underwear.


Bad mistake. Not only was the committee old, they were also out of shape.

"Ms. Insignificant Ant (lets make that my last name), knowing clearly that you would still be in the same situation even if you had the approved withdrawals, why would you do such a thing?"

I cleared my throat as I thought of a response.

"I thought of that, but at least I would get my notes up a bit" I said nervously.

wrong answer, at least I thought it was.

The committee did not give me a response, but I will be getting one soon.

If there is one thing I have learned from all of this is that no matter what, things happen for a reason and to always hold your head up through the bad times because eventually they will end soon.

Eventually, but for now I just have to keep fighting for my life back.


Hanny the Coffee Bean

4 comments:

  1. I've been reading your posts here Hanny, but I'm sorry to say that I'm clueless about the topic of this particular post. :( Suffice to say, committees are horrid, I know. You just wait to be led out to a post somewhere and get handed a blindfold.... whatever it is that put you in front of one, I hope it gets sorted out very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input, Karen.

    Hanny, when will you be getting a response?

    -French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen, mhmm I should have put a link to the lottery post, but I just decided to edited a bit to explain without giving too many details about it.

    I should have called to get the response, but I have been nervous so i have not called yet...

    I will call tomorrow.

    -Coffee bean

    ReplyDelete

Apparently, leaving comments on this blog is a hit-or-miss game of Russian roulette: you are either lucky and can comment away, or you are required to log in when the settings are CLEARLY set to allow trouble-free commenting (sorry 'bout that, folks). If anything, the Facebook page is always a viable option. :) -Barb